As summer approaches in Eastern Canada, motorcycle enthusiasts can look forward to plenty of warm, sunny days. Even better, local riders won’t have to travel far to enjoy many of the top motorcycle routes in the world. To prepare for your next two-wheeled adventure, consider scenic motorcycle routes that every motorcyclist in Eastern Canada should try at least once. These famous rides offer incredible vistas, local colour, excellent hospitality, and many other activities.
The Best Places to Ride Your Motorcycle in Eastern Canada
Are you ready to ride? Your most challenging task might include choosing between these top motorcycle routes in Eastern Canada:
- The Fundy Coastal Drive: Oceanographers associate the Bay of Fundy with powerful tides. For motorcyclists, the coastline offers stunning views and many opportunities to fish, hike, and kayak.
- The Thousand Islands Parkway: Visitors return to the Thousand Islands for incredible views of historic castles, high-quality museums, and unique dining and shopping venues. Even so, the fantastic views of the St. Lawrence River make this route worth a trip.
- The Cabot Trail: The renowned Cabot Trail on Nova Scotia’s famous Cape Breton Island offers vistas of highlands, forests, the coast, and lakes. Visitors can also enjoy an introduction to Celtic culture and a vibrant music scene.
- The Gaspé Peninsula: Visit this rugged landscape to view waterfalls, cliffs, and rustic fishing villages. Enjoy outdoor activities like fishing, camping, and hiking between rides.
- The Rideau Canal Parkway: This UN World Heritage site offers visitors a chance to view one of the greatest engineering marvels of the 19th Century. Also, enjoy fishing, hiking, museums, and historical accommodations between motorcycle rides.
Prepare for Your Spring Motorcycle Tour of Eastern Canada
As you plan your Eastern Canada motorcycle trek, take the time to ensure you also prepare your motorcycle for spring and summer rides. For instance, you should check tires, brakes, fluid, chains, cables, and batteries. You may need to check the fuel and spark plugs to ensure nothing degrades during the cold months. Treat your bike to a good cleaning after leaving it in winter storage.
If you’re uncomfortable performing these maintenance tasks, you can always find a local motorcycle mechanic to help. After that, take some test rides to ensure you will avoid any disappointing surprises while away from home. Of course, you’ll also want to double-check essential safety gear, like your helmet, to ensure it’s in excellent shape.
Ride Confidently with High-Quality Motorcycle Insurance
After choosing your destination and ensuring that your bike’s in top shape, you still have one more task, check your motorcycle insurance policy to ensure you can confidently ride away. A high-quality insurance company will make any journey like riding with the wind at your back. The coverage and price vary considerably because of your chosen insurance company or options. Visit the Wayfarer Insurance Group motorcycle insurance page for more information.