It’s almost that time of the year again. The time when you start thinking about how you’re going to spend your spring and summer months RVing. But that also means it’s time to think about your RV insurance renewal and make sure you have everything in place to enjoy a safe and happy RV season. Every year, it’s important to take the time to review your insurance policies to ensure that they are still working for you—and make any updates or changes as needed. Follow our simple RV insurance renewal checklist below to make sure your policy is affordable and providing the highest level of protection.
1. Are You Eligible for Any New Discounts?
Did you know that we’re constantly updating our discounts for our RV policyholders? If it’s been some time since you reviewed your coverage, there’s a very good chance that you could be missing out on some great discounts. Even if you don’t currently have a policy with us, it’s important to note that as insurance brokers, we offer up to 10% off your insurance premiums if you’re already a member of Explorer RV Club or Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities.
2. Do You Qualify for Optional Coverages?
Many people assume that RV insurance is just like auto insurance coverage, but there are actually quite a few differences between these types of policies. Most importantly, with RV insurance, there are a few useful coverage options that you could be missing out on if you haven’t worked closely with a knowledgeable insurance agent. These include:
- Guaranteed Replacement Cost– Ideal for newer trailers, this coverage will help you to get a brand-new trailer in the event of a total loss.
- Replacement Cost Plus – If eligible, this coverage will provide up to 110% of the amount of coverage on the policy in the event of a total loss claim.
- Full-Timers Package– Do you live and travel in your trailer full-time? Then you likely qualify for this optional coverage.
- Increased Personal Contents– If you travel full-time or semi full-time, you are likely to leave many valuable items stored in your RV year-round. This essential coverage will help to protect these items from common damages.
- Increased Emergency Vacation Expense– Even the most experienced RVers can experience an emergency situation where they need access to additional funds on the fly. This optional coverage is designed to spring into action when you need insurance protection the most.
- Water Protection Endorsement – Offers extensive protection against water damage caused by sewer backup and other common issues.
3. Is it Time to Increase Your Liability Limit?
It’s common for people to initially invest in an RV insurance policy that includes lower liability limits, especially if they don’t plan on RVing extensively. While this can save you money up-front, it’s important to consider how increased liability limits can protect you in the event of an accident when you’re far away from your home base—or when your RV is your home! For example, increased premises liability will help to protect you from any legal action related to injuries or property damage involving your RV.
4. Are All Your Policies Under the Same Roof?
There are many benefits to working with the same provider for all your personal and commercial insurance needs. But the biggest perk of all? If you already have an insurance policy with us, you could be saving up to 10% on your RV insurance premium annually. Additionally, it’s also much more convenient to have all your insurance policies managed under one roof.
5. Is All of Your General Information Accurate?
When you spend much of your time travelling across Canada, it’s easy to forget to update your insurance broker with your current contact information. Whether you’ve recently moved, or you’ve made a career change, it’s necessary to update us with any changes to your general information since you filled out your initial insurance application.
Renew Your RV Insurance Policy Today
Before you head out for your first epic RV trip of the season, it’s important to make sure that your insurance policy is up to date and that you have the most comprehensive policy available at an affordable price. At Wayfarer Insurance group, we’re always happy to help discuss your policy and look for opportunities to help you save on your premiums. Give us a call at 1.844.929.4768 or contact us today for more information.